A Question of Communication: The Role of Public Service Interpreting in the Migrant Crisis
The editors of The European Legacy have expressed their interest in publishing a Special Issue on A Question of Communication: The Role of Public Service Interpreting in the Migrant Crisis, guest edited by Dr. Michal Schuster, the University of the Free State, Republic of South Africa and Dr. Lluís Baixauli-Olmos, University of Louisville (USA). The Special Issue will be dedicated to the memory of Professor Miriam Shlesinger (1947-2012).
- Current challenges of language accessibility in Europe
- Language policy for accessibility and integration of migrants and asylum seekers
- Interpreter training and education, particularly for emerging languages
- Recruiting strategies/methods
- Turning interpreters into cultural mediators
- The use of new technologies in interpreting and translation in public services
- Cooperation between different sectors: public, private, academic and non-governmental
- If you would like to contribute an article (6000-8000 words) to the Special Issue, please send an abstract (150 words) to Dr. Michal Schuster, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 10, 2017.
Submissions will be evaluated by the guest editors before being accepted for publication. Deadline for submission of papers: April 10, 2017.
Edna Rosenthal, Editor
Michal Schuster, Guest Editor
Lluís Baixauli-Olmos, Guest Editor