Join a team that is making a difference. Learn about the unique opportunities to become a Director or Member with Critical Link International.
Critical Link International thanks you for your ongoing support. Your membership has enabled CLI to continue doing the important work that began at Critical Link 1 in 1995: work that has been fundamental to the evolution and advancement of the community/public service interpreting sector.
In the recent years, our organization has worked consistently to raise the profile of community interpreting:
- CLI has been an active member on ISO committees, providing their expertise and contributing to the development of key industry standards such as ISO 13611: Guidelines for Community Interpreting
- CLI works in partnership with Red T, forming part of a coalition that supports interpreters working in conflict zones and contributing to the Open Letters and Change.org Campaigns
- CLI encourages and facilitates the sharing and exchange of information, publications and resources and has created a centralized resource hub on the CLI website.
With your support, we will be able to move forward on the following important initiatives:
- Plan for the Critical Link 9 Conference in 2019
- Continue to support students through scholarships to attend CLI9
- Implement regional forums or conferences to take place in communities across the globe
- Advocate for the improvement of working conditions for practitioners by supporting research and by connecting researchers with practitioners.
Our success is reliant on the support of our members through the nominal membership fees. CLI is able to offer you the following membership benefits:
- 3 issues of The Link – CLI eBulletin – which provides current and relevant industry information
- Discounted fees for Critical Link Conferences
- Members’ only access to our Research and Development site with information on funding, collaborations and new initiatives
- Opportunities to participate in the decision-making processes for the organization and the overall development of the field
- An opportunity to join the Board of Directors or one of the committees at Critical Link International
Join CLI and the movement- be a part of the vital work we do by becoming a member. Connect with us online by going to the website or clicking here.
We are now recruiting for the Board of Directors
CLI is looking for Board Directors to join our team and help us in our future initiatives. There are only a few positions available. Joining the CLI Board will allow you to be closer to the action and critical decision-making processes. Plus, we are a great bunch of people passionate about community interpreting! Please see attached call for nominations and share with your contacts and peers.
For more information on our organization, our mandate and membership, please log onto our website www.criticallink.org.