The main objective of this international conference is to continue the work of dialogue and exchange of experiences and projects carried out in previous conferences. The Beyond Limits in Public Service Interpreting and Translation theme aims to reflect on expanding the limits of public service translation and interpreting.
The conference will be structured in two parts:
- Seminars/workshops dedicated to practical aspects applied to Public Services Interpreting and Translation (PSIT).
- The conference as a whole: it will include plenary lectures, communications, posters and round tables.
We look forward to receiving contributions on the following areas, but not exclusively:
- Analysis of progress on collaboration between PSIT and institutions and / or the work market.
- Ethical conflicts in the practice, research and teaching of PSIT.
- Innovation and technological advances applied to PSIT. Localization, post-editing and automatic translation applied to PSIT.
- Professionalization of PSIT in different fields (education, health, legal settings) and the role of the translator/interpreter in different institutions.
- Public Services Interpreting and / or Mediation.
- Teaching and learning of I&T in different areas (education, health, administrative and legal settings).
Important dates to remember:
Reception of abstracts (400-500 words, not including references): by October 15th 2016.
Acceptance/rejections of contributions: by December 15th 2016.
Further information: www.tisp2017.com