4 Categories of
There are 4 core categories of membership. An additional fifth category, Lifetime Honourary Membership, is granted by the board of directors to individuals who have provided outstanding service to Critical Link Canada in the field of interpreting.
Any individual who has paid dues and remains in good standing is an individual member. Individual members have the right to vote.
The term Organizational Members refers to associations representing community interpreting. Organizational Members are entitled to one vote.
The term Institutional Members refers to libraries, universities, research groups, business, not for profit, and public organizations. It does not refer to individuals who are engaged in research, consulting, or business in their individual capacity. Institutional Members are entitled to one vote.
The term Student Membership refers to students currently enrolled in interpreting or translation training/education programs. Students in other training programs may be accepted subject to approval by the board.
As a Member you will
- Receive our e-bulletin 3 times per year
- Be connected to the international community interpreting movement
- Receive information about upcoming events and conferences
- Benefit from the advocacy, activities and projects of Critical Link
As an Organizational Member you will
- Have opportunities for information sharing
- Have a chance to add voice into the organizational development
- Access to information about regional workshops
- Build a network of interpreters and organizations
- Discounted fee for one organizational representative for conferences and regional training events in Canada (this may extend to other countries in the future)
As an Individual Member you can
- Dialogue with colleagues
- Take advantage of opportunities to network
- Access to journal and information
- Receive a discounted fee for conferences and regional training events in Canada (this may extend to other country events in the future)
- Have the opportunity to participate in decision-making of the organization and the overall development of the field
- Have an opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors
- Change to engage in partnerships with others in the field
Limited Time Offer
- Individual Members: $75.00 for 2 years
- Organizational and Institutional Members: $215.00 for 2 years
- Individual Members: $50.00 per year
- Organizational and Institutional Members: $125.00 per year
- Student Members (with valid proof): $30.00 per year
All dues are in Canadian dollars and are paid April 1 to March 31 annually. Dues are not prorated during the year. Dues are collected with the membership application.